This one-bowl recipe for peanut butter banana oatmeal bars is a keeper! It's a super easy gluten-free and vegan snack filled with chocolate chips! How could you not love it?
One-Bowl Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
There's nothing better than a recipe that comes together so easily in just a bowl, and this recipe for peanut butter banana oatmeal bars is just that! It's moist, fudgy, and sweet from the bananas, but hearty and filling from the rolled oats and peanut butter.
I consider these a snack more than a dessert or breakfast, but they would definitely make a great grab-and-go option if you're rushing out the door in the morning!
Are banana oatmeal bars healthy?
These peanut butter banana oatmeal bars are definitely not a diet food considering the amount of peanut butter in it. Although it's not a low fat or low carb snack, it's non-dairy and lower in sugar than most bars since the overripe bananas add lots of sweetness. By using natural non-sweetened peanut butter, you're skipping on extra sugar and additives too!
And if you must, you can skip chocolate chips. You'd be missing out, but I'm not here to judge you.
How to store peanut butter banana oatmeal bars
The best way to store these oat bars is to keep it in an air tight container at room temperature. They'll keep for about 4 or 5 days. If you live in a warmer area, put them in the fridge to avoid spoilage.
Can you freeze them?
Yes! After slicing the bars, wrap each piece with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and put it in a freezer bag to avoid freezer burn. You can defrost it in the fridge overnight, or reheat in the microwave for 20-30 sec.
I found that the natural peanut butter that I drizzled on top turned white when frozen, but it's just the fat in the peanut butter that turns white, and it doesn't affect the flavor.
Other delicious bars you need to make!
- Pumpkin cheesecake swirl brownies
- Matcha oreo blondies
- Cranberry oat bars
- Peppermint black bean brownies
- Pumpkin spice blondies
- Raspberry hazelnut chocolate chip blondies
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
- ½ cup / 78g gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup / 90g old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon / 3g fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup / 50g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons / 25g granulated sugar
- ¼ cup / 57g vegan butter
- ⅔ cup / 170g natural peanut butter
- 1 cup / 230g mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon / 5g vanilla extract
- ½ cup / 85g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C, and grease and line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and peanut butter and heat until melted. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the mashed banana and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add the gluten-free flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and mix until the batter is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread the batter into the corners so the surface is flat and even. Bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool completely before slicing and serving.