Gluten-free and Dairy-free Banana Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
These gluten-free and dairy-free banana muffins are moist, fluffy, and full of overripe bananas! They've got that beautifully domed muffin top, a must-have for bakery-style muffins!
- 2½ cup (370g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon (4.5g) fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon (6g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (113g) vegan butter, softened at room tempreature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cup (360g) mashed overripe banana
- ½ cup (120g) non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons (10g) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (113g) toasted walnuts, chopped
In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Take ¼ cup of the mixture and put it in a small bowl with the chopped walnuts and toss. Set both bowls aside.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in mashed banana, milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the flour coated walnuts, making sure to fold in the excess flour. Set aside to let the flour hydrate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 410°F/210°C and line a muffin pan with paper liners. Scoop the muffin batter into the paper liners and bake for 7 minutes, then turn down the temperature to 375°F/190°C and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a couple crumbs.
Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.