Flag Fruit Pizza
This flag fruit pizza is the perfect gluten free and dairy free dessert for the Fourth of July! Super easy to make using a sugar cookie mix!
- 1 box gluten-free cookie mix, and the required ingredients listed on the box
- ½ stick / 57g vegan butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 oz / 113g vegan cream cheese
- 1¼ cups / 155g powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon / 2.5g vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2½ medium bananas, sliced
Prepare the cookie dough according to package instructions. Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease and line a baking sheet (I used a 10x15-inch baking sheet). Press the chilled dough into the baking sheet making sure the surface is flat. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let it cool completely.
In a bowl, add vegan butter and vegan cream cheese. Beat using an electric hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat after each addition. Add the salt and vanilla, and beat again. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Spread the cream cheese frosting onto the cooled cookie, and layer on the fruit.