Vegan & Gluten-free Individual Coconut Cream Pies
These vegan and gluten-free individual coconut cream pies are so creamy! Coconut crust filled with coconut custard and coconut whipped cream!
- 3⅓ cups / 290g unsweetened dessicated coconut, toasted
- 1⅔ cups / 235g vegan and gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 5 teaspoons / 20g granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon / 90g coconut oil, melted
- 1 can / 400g coconut custard
- 1 tablespoon / 13g granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut whipped cream
- 1 can / 400g coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- toasted coconut (as much as you like)
Place a strip of parchment paper into each well of a muffin pan, and set aside.
In a bowl, combine toasted unsweetened coconut, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and stir. Add melted coconut oil and mix it until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press it into the prepared muffin tin and put it in the freezer to set.
In a separate bowl, add coconut custard, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth and combined. Fill each of the crust with the custard and put it into the fridge.
In a bowl, add chilled coconut whipping cream and whip it using an electric hand mixer for 3-5 minutes until fluffy. Layer over coconut custard and garnish with toasted coconut.