Chai White Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
Chai white chocolate chip cookies bring fall in your mouth! These gluten free soft-baked cookies are perfect for fall and winter!
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter
- 1 (15oz/400g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup (45g) gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup (130g) white chocolate chips
Put the butter in a saucepan and melt it over medium heat. Swirl the pan so it melts evenly. The butter will foam and the color will turn yellow, to tan, to amber. Take the pan off the heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl or dish and set aside to let it cool.
Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips, and process until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out cookie dough onto the parchment paper, about a heaped tablespoon each, and bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely.