Carrot cake cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting
Servings: 12 cupcakes
These carrot cake cupcakes are fluffy and moist, and topped with creamy lemon cream cheese frosting. They're the perfect spring cupcakes!
- 1½ cups grated carrots
- 1 cup / 120g cake flour
- ¼ cup / 31g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup / 150g light brown sugar
- ½ cup / 120ml olive oil
- ¼ cup / 60ml greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz / 225g cream cheese
- ½ cup / 113g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1½ cup / 188g powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 320°F/160°C and line a muffin pan with paper liners, and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture and grated carrots and mix until just combined.
Scoop out the batter evenly and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes before taking them out to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a bowl, beat the unsalted butter until it becomes fluffy. Add the cream cheese and continue to beat.
Beat in the powdered sugar and lemon zest.
Put the frosting into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes to your liking.