If you're a parent, you've got enough going on preparing for Halloween, whether it's planning costumes or a party. So here are some spooky Halloween cookies that are easy to make, aren’t full with food coloring, and absolutely delicious!
Spooky Halloween Cookies
The easiest fudge sandwiched between two buttery cookies. Does it get any better?
These Halloween cookies are great because they can be made without cookie cutters and only decorated with eyes. Simple yet cute! Halloween treats don't have to take hours to decorate!
These would also be a great dessert to bring to an adult gathering on Halloween, especially if you add a little booze to the chocolate fudge filling. Just the right amount of spooky!
How to make Halloween cookies
The base of these spooky Halloween cookies is oatmeal cookies! I made a batch of my chewy soft-baked oatmeal raisin cookies without the raisins. But you could use any cookie you like! Classic chocolate chip, healthier chickpea cookies, or even storebought cookies would work!
The filling is a two ingredient fudge! Add condensed milk and chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until it's all melted and smooth. Add the sifted cocoa powder and mix again.
Let it cool to where it's no longer warm but still soft enough to pipe onto the cookies. Put the fudge into a piping bag and pipe away!
How to decorate Halloween cookies
I used eyes that I made with melted candy melts, but get some candy eyes to make things easier for you! You can also make eyes using white and black royal icing, or skip the eyes and garnish with some adorable sprinkles!
These Halloween cookies are decadent between the buttery oatmeal cookies and the rich fudge, yet somehow so easy to go for seconds and thirds! They're definitely perfect and adorable to serve at any Halloween party, whether it's for kids or adults!
More Halloween treats!
- White chocolate eyeballs
- Black sesame cupcakes
- Vegan BLT sandwiches with pumpkin buns
- Choco Butternut Crinkles (The Not So Creative Cook)
- Boonanas - Frozen Banana Ghosts (Lifestyle of a Foodie)
- Graveyard Brownies (Wonder & Charm)
- Pumpkin Cake Balls (In Fine Taste)
- Halloween Spiderweb Carrot Soup (Cooking with Nart)
- Halloween Cakesicles (Keeping it Relle)
Spooky Halloween Cookies
- 30 oatmeal cookies (I omitted the raisins in the original post)
- 1 can / 397g condensed milk, dairy or non-dairy
- 1 cup / 170g chocolate chips
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (dutch processed makes darker fudge)
- 30 candy eyes
- Add condensed milk and chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until it's all melted and smooth. Add the sifted cocoa powder and mix again.
- Once the fudge is cool, put it into a piping bag and pipe onto a cookie, and place another cookie on top to sandwich. Repeat with the remainder cookies.
- Decorate using candy eyes, and enjoy!
SAVE TO PINTEREST FOR LATER!!
Links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product using these links I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you 🙂